Find a Local Shelter
IPV Training and Resources
- Medscape: Comprehensive medical web page with primary care and specialty articles and CME. The first time you visit this free web page, you must register and submit a password. (Anyone with internet access is able to register). Search on domestic violence for multiple articles. Visit award winning video on how to screen for domestic violence by typing in “Screen to End Abuse”. Visit summary article by Dr. Leigh Kimberg "Addressing Intimate Partner Violence in Primary Care Practice." by searching on "domestic violence" and "Leigh Kimberg”.
- California Medical Training Center: Trainings offered by the Center provide a multidisciplinary perspective and address the emotional and medical needs of victims as well as the evidence collection requirements of the justice system.
- Family Violence Prevention Fund provides helpful information and excellent, comprehensive training materials and resources. Manuals for health care providers, publications on working with immigrant women, and workplace safety kits.
Screening Tool Compendiums
Sample Guidelines on IPV
Government Resources on Intimate Partner Violence
Child Exposure to Intimate Partner Violence
Pregnancy and Intimate Partner Violence
Addressing IPV with Men
Understanding IPV—additional resources
- Headington Institute: An international center that provides “care to caregivers” including multiple online training courses and helpful materials on vicarious traumatization
Primary Prevention of Domestic Violence
- Asian and Pacific Islander Institute on Domestic Violence
- Community United Against Violence: Same sex domestic violence
The Duluth Model
- Disabled Abuse Resources
- Family Violence Prevention Fund: Provides helpful information and excellent, comprehensive training materials and resources. Manuals for health care providers, publications on working with immigrant women, and workplace safety kits.
- Institute on Domestic Violence in the African American community
- MaleSurvivor: National organization committed to preventing, healing, and eliminating all forms of sexual victimization of boys and men through support, treatment, research, education, advocacy, and activism.
- Mending the Sacred Hoop:
S.T.O.P. violence against Native American women, a technical assistance project.
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- National Center for PTSD: aims to help U.S. Veterans and others through research, education, and training on trauma and PTSD.
- National Center for Victims of Crime: Nation's leading resource and advocacy organization for crime victims and those who serve them. Includes a Stalking Resource Center, which features a 10 question stalking quiz. Also includes a Dating Violence Resource Center.
- National Latino Alliance for the Elimination of Domestic Violence
- The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network: National anti-sexual assault organization, which operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1.800.656.HOPE and the National Sexual Assault Online Hotline at ww.rainn.org. Provides education on sexual assault; and leads national efforts to prevent sexual assault, improve services to victims and ensure that rapists are brought to justice.
Professional Organizations with IPV policies
- American Medical Association Advisory Council on Violence and Abuse, case studies, and prevention resources. Physician guidelines link includes detailed diagnostic and treatment guidelines on violence and abuse for domestic violence, child abuse, elder abuse and sexual assault or you can type in any violence related term to locate materials on this site.
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists: See the section titled “Women’s Issues, Violence Against Women”. Comprehensive provider and patient information on violence against women.
- American Academy of Pediatrics: See the AAP policy statement on IPV found by searching on the term “domestic violence” on this site.
- The American Nurses Association (ANA) has provided decades of leadership in preventing violence against women. Searching their site on "domestic violence" provides you with many resources. Their policies on "violence against women" are summarized here.
Legal Resources on Intimate Partner Violence