How to Donate
LEAP (Look to End Abuse Permanently), has been a leader in the movement to improve the healthcare system's response to intimate partner and family violence. LEAP provides resources and trainings for screening, intervention and prevention of intimate partner violence in clinics and healthcare centers throughout San Francisco. LEAP also provides consultation and resources to healthcare systems regionally and nationally.
This link will take you to our fiscal agent, the San Francisco General Hospital Foundation.
When you complete the online form, be sure to fill in the Designation field with "LEAP."
Donate by Mail
If you prefer, you can mail or phone in a tax-deductible contribution to:
San Francisco General Hospital Foundation -- LEAP
2789 25th Street, Suite 2028 San Francisco, CA 94110
Tax ID # 94-3189424
LEAP needs your help to continue this life-saving work! A contribution of:
- $15 will pay for nutritious snacks for the women in our Spanish-speaking support group.
- $50 will provide 100 safety brochures for people thinking about leaving an abusive relationship.
- $100 will support the installation of posters, safety cards and brochures on ending intimate partner violence for an entire clinic.
- $1,000 will pay for a one-day training on abuse screening and intervention for 50 health care providers.
Help Advocate for Healthy Relationships
There are many ways to get involved in preventing intimate partner violence, both on a local
and national level.
Ask your own Health Care Provider to Learn about Addressing IPV
In San Francisco
Share your story or opinion with the media:
- Publish an article for your patients in your health center newsletter.
- When there is an IPV-related homicide in your community, you can use this sample letter to the editor (pdf) to publish in your local newspaper. Letter provided by the Family Violence Prevention Fund.
- If you feel safe communicating your story, consider sharing your story locally or nationally. One place to share your story is at the National Domestic Violence Hotline.